Our Gallery of Water Features
We design and build custom water features for homes and businesses.
Outdoor water features for Rancho Santa Fe, Encinitas, and surrounding California communities.
We install custom water features such as waterfalls, ponds, streams, pondless waterfalls, and more.
At Southwest Outdoor, we create and build picturesque landscaping and outdoor living spaces for residential and commercial customers, and those spaces often include custom water features. We can design various types of water features, including waterfalls, streams, pondless waterfalls, koi ponds, and more.
Our water feature installation contractors provide services in areas such as Rancho Santa Fe, Carlsbad, Encinitas, and other surrounding California communities.
The Benefits of Installing a Custom Water Feature
Water features offer many benefits to your landscaping or outdoor living space, including a great focal point for your overall landscape design. Benefits of custom water features include:
- Increased curb appeal and property value
- Attracting area wildlife
- Adds a unique atmosphere to your landscaping
- And more!
Focus & Calm
A water feature can also help decrease stress, as being by water can increase focus, creativity, and calmness.
Types of Water Features to Consider Adding to Your Outdoor Living Space
Adding a water feature to your outdoor living space is easy with our landscape contractors, as we work with you every step of the way from design to installation. We will help you choose the best custom water feature for your yard. Types of water features our company can install are:
- Ponds: Natural ponds are a great way to add a touch of nature to your landscaping.
- Koi ponds: With a habitat for koi, you can relax and watch these beautiful fish swim around in your yard.
- Streams: Ideal for larger areas, a stream of flowing water will cohesively blend your landscaped areas together and provide soothing sounds throughout your yard.
- Waterfalls: Waterfalls can be incorporated into your landscaping or flow into a pool.
- Bubblers: These are made from boulders and are perfect for smaller areas such as an entryway. Greet your guests with the sounds of running water.
- Pondless waterfalls: Pondless waterfalls work well as a standalone feature if you want water near your patio or outdoor kitchen.
- Water gardens: Water gardens incorporate the surrounding landscape and also predominantly feature plants that grow in water.
- Fountains: A fountain can also be standalone or part of your softscaping. You can choose a smaller fountain or a more grandiose option for higher visibility.
- Water walls: Water walls often flow into your pool or spa, and are usually built with a custom wall using masonry. Consider adding outdoor lighting to this feature for extra emphasis.
Consider combining any of these together to create a more dramatic effect that beautifully complements your outdoor living area.
Thinking about putting a water feature into your landscaping? Call our water feature company today.
With decades of landscaping experience, our outdoor living space providers can help you create a gorgeous area with water feature design and installation. We offer water feature construction to residential and commercial properties in California's North County, including communities such as Encinitas, Rancho Santa Fe, Carlsbad, and more. Call our water feature company today at (858) 503-0979 to set up a consultation on our services!
Request an Estimate
Let's talk about your unique landscaping project. Send us a message to start the process and get an estimate.
1Estimate. We'll contact you to discuss details about your project and provide you with an initial estimate.
2Design. Our landscaping experts will survey your property and complete and present a 3D design of your proposed project for your review and approval.
3Build. Our team builds your new hardscape feature to the specifications approved during the design process.
Popular Water Features Articles
Learn more about our landscape design and build services in North County.